Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Don't they know we're eating?!"

Dear Wendy,
We had Kenna here last week and she was making us all laugh so hard.  She is such a funny little girl with her own agenda and so full of life!  All throughout the evening, she kept running to answer the door and no one would be there.  One time it happened while we were eating and as she was running to the door, she exclaimed, "Don't they know we're eating?!"  Again, no one was there.  I thought that she was hearing a knocking sound, maybe a chair being moved or something, and confused it with a knock at the door, but Sean figured it out.  It was our clock!  Every time it chimed on the half hour, she thought it was our doorbell and naturally ran to answer it.  So cute!

Then I was getting her ready to go swimming at Nate and Brooke's.  I got out her swimming suit, a t-shirt and some shorts.  I told her to go get dressed in the bathroom.  She said, "Aunt Wu, I don't need clothes if I'm wearing my swimsuit."  I said, "Yes, you'll still need clothes.  Just put them all on."  She came out of the bathroom a few minutes later with a very bulky swimsuit.  She had put her t-shirt and shorts on UNDER the swimsuit.  She was trying to tuck the shorts up into the swimsuit as I was laughing at her.  Back into the bathroom she went to make things right.  I had also put her hair in a bunch of little twists the night before so it would be all wavy the next day.  When we took out the twists, it was quite wild and needed some taming.  I had visions and plans of doing a cute little pull-back of some sort on the front and letting the back be long and wavy.  I said, "Come on Kenna, let's go do your hair" to which she replied, "Oh no!  It's done!"  Love that girl!  I love you so much and miss you so terribly.  I can't wait to see you again.  All my love, Jules

2 comments:

  1. Loved, loved, loved the story. What a wonderful idea and it helps us all to stay connected. Thank you Wu for your inspired thoughts and then for putting it into action. What a treasure this will be. Much love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Jules! Thank you! What a cute girl! If only we could be closer...

    ReplyDelete